NOTE: This class will extend into February, 20-22 weeks
Prerequisites: Key of Liberty or 14 years old
While this is the exciting, challenging, and culminating semester to Quest 1 & 2, it can also be considered an advanced scholar course! Quest 3 is a thought-provoking study of worldviews (where you learn why people think the way they do which explains their actions), principles of freedom, self-government, and jurisprudence (a study of the U.S. Supreme Court). And of course we have discussions on wonderful classics to support our topics! There will be daring simulations and a final oral exam. Even though this class is not designed to be a college prep class, it gives you many skills to prepare you for your next educational pursuit. You will experience tremendous personal growth!
You can expect your student to study 2-3 hours a day for this class.
Books: where to order
- QUEST 3 Student Manual (available from LEMI)
- The Five Thousand Year Leap by Cleon Skousen
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- Understanding The Times by David A. Noebel (I’m using the Revised 2nd edition)
- Great Decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court by Maureen Harrison and Steve Gilbert
- The Sea Wolf by Jack London
- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
- Laddie by Gene Stratton Porter
No Reviews found for this course.